At Solid Rock, we desire to see more people welcomed in to know the love of Christ, live in community with one another and share the Gospel in our community and beyond. Though God's church is not contained in buildings, we're excited to see how God will use the space in our new building to grow His churc�h!
New Building Update- 6/19/19
- Everything is completed to date, and we’re waiting on the building permit process to begin to finish interior design.
- The bank has approved our loan and the maximum loan amount of $3,850,000. The elders need to sign two resolutions, and the loan should be ready to close by Friday, June 28. The contractor is going to value engineer the project to stay within the maximum loan amount.
- The grading permit is waiting on city approval for one item related to the drainage. The city has officially approved our site drainage including no need for a detention pond. The city is requiring us to evaluate drainage on north side of White Settlement Rd. The civil engineer has completed and submitted the evaluation and is waiting on city to approve. Once this is resolved, the grading permit will be released.
- Jason Martin is reviewing initial proposal and design from the AVL company. Once Jason Martin has finished reviewing and modifying the proposal, the elders will submit changes to the AVL company for a final proposal.
- The first phase of the new construction will begin with the construction of the fire lane and partial completion of the parking lot on the south side of the current worship center. This will begin upon the approval of the grading permit. The construction of the fire lane will allow us to continue using the campus during the construction of the new building with minimal interruptions to the church by provide parking, access to the bathrooms in the Nursery/Toddler building and access to a temporary main entrance to the current worship center (north east corner of the current worship center – double exterior door in front of Mommy/Baby room window).
- We are submitting documents for the building permit by Friday, June 21.
- We need grading permit and loan closed before we can break ground.
- We plan to break ground between June 28 and July 5.
- The contractor will mark trees and install protective barrier before breaking ground.
- Once the protective barrier is installed, the city will inspect.