At Solid Rock, we desire to see more people welcomed in to know the love of Christ, live in community with one another and share the Gospel in our community and beyond. Though God's church is not contained in buildings, we're excited to see how God will use the space in our new building to grow His churc�h!
New Building Update- 4/25/19
- The church staff has begun meeting with the AVL company to value engineer the AVL system for the new building.
- The appraisal process has started. The bank is waiting on a final survey from the contractor before finalizing the appraisal.
- The civil engineer has received a second round of comments from the City of Fort Worth. The city is requiring a drainage swale to be added along Verna Trail in the bar ditch to better handle the water flow.
- The civil engineer will address the city comments this week, and resubmit final drainage plans by early next week. Once that is submitted, the contractor will apply for the grading permit.
- The final plans are subject to four review boards: ISWIM, Water Utilities, Urban forestry, and TCEQ.
- The civil engineer expects the approval on the grading permit to take 30-45 days.
- The contractor is meeting with Oncor on Monday, April 29, to go over partial easement abandonment and addition of new easement to add to the survey.
- The septic engineer is in the final stages of design on the septic system.
- The first phase of the new construction will begin with the construction of the fire lane and partial completion of the parking lot on the south side of the current worship center. This will begin upon the approval of the grading permit. The construction of the fire lane will allow us to continue using the campus during the construction of the new building with minimal interruptions to the church by provide parking, access to the bathrooms in the Nursery/Toddler building and access to a temporary main entrance to the current worship center (north east corner of the current worship center – double exterior door in front of Mommy/Baby room window).